Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Book Club Update

hunger_games_trilogy.jpg

Recently I just finished (for the second time) the Hunger Games trilogy. I absolutely LOVE them! I'm sure you have heard all about them and seen them in the bookstore.Even though they are kids books I highly recommend reading them. I was first turned onto them buy a guy I worked with over the summer who said his fiance was reading them, so I went ahead and downloaded the first one on my ipad and was hooked. I could NOT put it down. I think I finished it within 2 days and was so thankful that the second one had already come out (with the 3rd was due out in a few days) so I was not yearning for more. And I am even more excited because the first movie is coming out in March! I have told all of my friends that they have to read them because I don't want to go to the movie alone and be the only semi-adult in a room full of kids haha. Here is a little synopsis of the first book that I pulled off of Amazon.com for you to take a sneak peak :)

"Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place."
 
 

Enjoy!
xoxo Katelynn

 

No comments:

Post a Comment