Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Holidays!




Finally its December which means its officially the Christmas Season! I am a big believer in not even thinking about Christmas until December hits, that means no decorations, no music, no tree cutting, etc. I think people have lost the true meaning of Christmas and now its a total commercial holiday. People just don't enjoy the season enough because they are trying to out do their neighbors when it comes to decorations or getting the best deal of a kids toy at Target on Black Friday. For me Christmas is about spending time with your family, catching up with friends you haven't seen in a while, relaxing, baking delicious cookies and just enjoying life.

This year one of my best friends from high school is hosting a cookie exchange this and I am super excited! This will be the first one where I will acutally attend haha. Usually its my mom who goes and I just bake for her because its a great excuse to try out new recipes without having to eat them all! So I was on Pinterest (my new obsession which I will post about later) and found this recipe that just screamed the perfect Christmas cookie to me. Its called Peppermint Crunch-Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies and I found it on a blog called Culinary Concoctions by Peabody. In the past I have made suagr cookies with a hint of mint and candy cane pieces but would never have though to just throw some candy cane chunks into my chcoloate chip batter. As the author says "I'm not recreating the wheel here" which she isn't, the idea is still ingenious. I am so excited to have found this recipe and can't WAIT to make them for my cookie exchange. Here are a few pictures to get you excited for these amazing cookies...


Picutres courtsey of culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com

xoxo Katelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment