Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Poison: A Novel of the Renaissance

When it comes to history, I am the first person to tell you I am a history nerd. I would have loved to major in it in college but there just weren't enough jobs out there for history majors so I minored in it and got my fill. So needless to say, I love reading historical fiction books. I decided to check out amazon.com so I could download it onto my kindle and came across a book called Poison: A Novel of the Renaissance by Sarah Poole. 


In the simmering hot summer of 1492, a monstrous evil is stirring within the Eternal City of Rome. The brutal murder of an alchemist sets off a desperate race to uncover the plot that threatens to extinguish the light of the Renaissance and plunge Europe back into medieval darkness.
Navigating a web of treachery and deceit, Francesca pursues her father’s killer from the depths of Rome’s Jewish ghetto to the heights of the Vatican itself. In so doing, she sets the stage for the ultimate confrontation with ancient forces that will seek to use her darkest desires to achieve their own catastrophic ends.
Determined to avenge the killing of her father, Francesca Giordano defies all convention to claim for herself the position of poisoner serving Cardinal Rodrigo Borgia, head of the most notorious and dangerous family in Italy. She becomes the confidante of Lucrezia Borgia and the lover of Cesare Borgia. At the same time, she is drawn to the young renegade monk who yearns to save her life and her soul. (via medievalists.net)
This book was fantastic and its part of a trilogy so there is more to come! The second book in the series is called The Borgia Betrayal: A Novel, which I have already started and can't put down, and due out in May is the third installment called The Borgia Mistress: A Novel. Hope you give them a try! You won't be disappointed
xoxo Katelynn


No comments:

Post a Comment