Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Love for Reading



Since this blog is all about my life I guess I should let you in on a little secret....I LOVE to read haha. Big secret I know, but its the truth. There is nothing better than curling up with a good book and loosing yourself in lives of the characters. Growing up I hated reading just as much as any other kid. I think its because when you are in school you are forced to read all these books that you have absolutely no interest in and have to find the 'deeper meaning' whatever that may be. Well that was just not for me so needless to say I only read what was required of me and nothing more until I found the book (well series) that changed my life. I'm 21 so I'm sure you can take a wild guess at what popular series came out when I was growing up. If your guess was Harry Potter, then you are correct! I remember exactly how I stumbled upon this little series about witches and wizards and a Lord named Voldermort. I was in 5th grade and realized that I had a book report due in just a few days and hadn't even picked out a book yet. Well, I went down to the library and found muyself in the new release section of the childrens library and picked the first book in the bin...Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban. So home I went and started to read and by the end I was in love. I wrote my book report and decided to start the series from the start and its history. Harry Potter will always be my favorite book(s) and yes my (future) kids will be reading them.

Because I love to read so much and almost always have a book going, my plan is to make a weekly post about a book that I am either currently reading or have read in the past that I highly recommend. This week is obviously about Harry Potter. Even though the series has been done for a while, I highly suggest to anyone who has not read them yet to go and pick up the first one at your library or your local bookstore or download it onto your Kindle/Nook/iPad. Yes its a childrens book, but if you can accept that then its definitely worth reading. While there are some deeper meanings throughout the series, they are not hard to find and the  message is simple. I truly believe everyone should take the chance a read it.

Pinned Image

Enjoy!
xoxo Katelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment