Thursday, February 23, 2012

Looking for something Nautical?

If you asked any one of my friends to describe my style, they would immediately say preppy.
And how could they not? Growing up in Greenwich, CT you are surrounded by the ultimate
preppy lifestyle. And within this category of being preppy there is one that I absolutely love
but look dumb wearing…Nautical. Despite what many would assume, I am not a sailor. I’ve never
even been on a sailboat! But I do love a good nautical inspired outfit. And for that, I hit up
Vineyard Vines…take a look
If seersucker doesn’t scream nautical, then I don’t know what does!
Stripes are the ultimate nautical attire. Pair with your favorite white jeans and boat shoes and you are good to go!
How about a bathing suit for those lazy days just chilling on the boat?
The Stow and Go jacket. Perfect for those unexpected rainstorms
What’s more preppy than embroidered shorts with whales on them?!
The classic patchwork tote bag- a staple in my wardrobe for years now. It’s the perfect bag for every occasion- use it to carry your books to class, as your everyday bag. It even makes the perfect beach bag since it has many inside pockets that zip shut to keep the sand out of your cell phone.



No wardrobe can be complete without owning a few of these classic polos

I saw these on another blog (College Prep) and fell in love with them!
Lemon & Line Nautical Bracelets ($25)
And for my last picture…I know they are not made by Vineyard Vines but how can you complete a nautical look without finishing it off with Sperry Topsiders?!
Women's Angelfish Slip-On Boat Shoe
Enjoy!
xoxo Katelynn
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment