Monday, February 13, 2012

It's Training Time

One of my goals for 2012 is to get back into running. Running has not always been my favorite form of exercise, especially since I have the knees of a 90 year old, but I am convinced its the best form of exercise. As my senior year of college was wrapping up in April/May 2011 I found I had a lot of free time on my hands and the weather seemed to be extraordinary for that time of the year. So I took my spare time and hit the pavement. I was running about 3.5 miles a few times a week and was feeling great. I just loved being outside in the sun and getting in a great workout. Well needless to say, I fell off that bandwagon faster than you can imagine once I graduated. A full time job got in the way and with the warm weather starting to fade, so did my running career.

I've always wanted to run a half marathon. My dad ran the NYC Marathon three times when I was younger and it kind of inspired me. He ran his first at 40 years old and if he could do it at that age, why can't I do half that at 22? Today I went looking for a training plan, and this is what I found...

WeekMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
1Rest2 miRest2.5 miRest3 mi20-30 min EZ run or cross-train
2Rest2 milesRest3 miCT or Rest4 mi20-30 min EZ run or cross-train
3Rest2.5 miCT3 miRest5 mi20-30 min EZ run or cross-train
4Rest3 miCT4 miRest6 mi20-30 min EZ run or cross-train
5Rest3 miCT3 miRest7 mi30 min EZ run or cross-train
6Rest4 miCT4 miRest8 mi30 min EZ run or cross-train
7Rest4 miRest4 miCT9 mi30 min EZ run or cross-train
8Rest4 miCT3 miRest10 mi30 min EZ run or cross-train
9Rest5 miCT4 miRest11 miRest
1030 min EZ run or cross-train4 miRest3 miCT12 mi30 min EZ run or cross-train
11RestCTRest3 miCT5 mi30 min EZ run or cross-train
12Rest2 mi20 minutesRest20 minutesRace Day!Rest Day!

Its been a while since I have really gone for a good run, so I don't intend on starting this on Monday. I'm going to give myself until March 1 to get back into the groove of running and then will hit this hard. I have already found the half that I want to run. Its the Fairfielf Half Marathon and its on June 24. That should give me ample time to train and complete this 12 week program!

Lately I have been having trouble getting myself to the gym so I am thinking what better way to motivate myself than some new sneakers and workout clothes?! I will definitely be hitting up the Nike store to get some new shorts and Asics for sneakers :)



GT-2170 G-TX T260N Womens
Asics 2170 G-TX- I MUST HAVE THESE! Not only are they the model I usually wear, but they are hot pink and blue...my favorite colors!

Nike Tempo Track Women's Running Shorts
My favorite running short ever- Nike Temp Short ($32). They come in so many colors its just too hard to choose one! My roommate from college said I was addicted to them haha

Wish me luck!
xoxo Katelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment